This two-story building was constructed by Thomas Cole in 1856 for his family. It features an upper-floor balcony that must once have allowed residents to peer over the walls that form the Memory Garden behind Pacific House. It became a boarding house, and many years later served as the headquarters for the local National Chinese Political Party in the early 1940s.
The building's neighbors include Duarte's Store and Joseph Boston Store, on a pedestrianised portion of Olivier Street, near Custom House Plaza. It is currently being restored after several years without occupants, and will contain apartments and offices after renovation.
|More pictures |
|Item(s) related |