Login
Sign up

Send the page
Go to the forum
 
French
   China > Pékin > Forbidden City > Hall of Imperial Peace
Hall of Imperial Peace
Hall of Imperial Peace
Qin An Dian
Section 22 on 58

Forbidden City
Outdoor Architecture

Histoire de la Chine
Ming Dynasty (from 1368 to 1644)

1535

Area related : Pékin

UNESCO World Heritage Site (Définitif) : 1987

Cliquer pour agrandir

Located on the central axis of the Forbidden City, this hall is a major building in the Imperial Garden. It was constructed in 1535 during the Ming Dynasty and is encircled by a wall.
See the tabloidClassification by :
names
artists
type
periods
Description   
This hall is five bays wide and three bays deep. its roof is covered with yellow glazed tiles and is decorated with carved overhanging eaves and a gold-plated knob in the middle. in the center of the courtyard wall there is a gate named Tian Yi Men (One Heavenly Gate).

Inside the gate is a cypress with entwined branches. The glazed pavilion in the east of the courtyard was where silk was burnt during sacrificial rites.

In the Ming and the Qing Dynasties, the hall enshrined statues of Water God Zhenwu, one of the Taoist deities. During the Qinq Dynasty, every New Year an altar would be set up within Tian Yi Men (One Heavenly gate) for the emperor to burn incense and pay homage to the gods. During festivals, Taoist rituals were performed in this hall.
Site's content    

Anonyme
Gate of the Hall of Imperial Peace
Gate
Ming Dynasty
Kilins on the both sides of the Gate of the Hall of Imperial Peace
Animal
Ming Dynasty
Cauldron on the both sides of the Gate of the Hall of Imperial Peace
Cauldron
Branch-interlocked cypresses
Sabina chinensis (L.) Ant.
Tree
Glazed pavilion where silk was burnt during sacrificial rites
Building
Incense burners
Burners
More pictures   
Map(s)   
Forbidden City
Hall of Imperial Peace (6)